Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chickens and Family Albums

So I was rummaging through a thrift store about two years ago (around the same time I came upon Julius) and found this photograph. For some reason, I was charged two dollars, but I have to say those two dollars were well spent. Look at this photograph! It's stunning! Sure, it has a hole in it, but if you look beyond some of the physical wear and tear, it's stark nonetheless. It looks to have been taken somewhere between the 1930's and the late-forties, but I could be wrong. For all I know, it could be older. Or younger. 

I actually "used" this in my fictional "Blake Family Album", to accompany my novel. Yes, I'm so nerdy that I make "Family Albums" for my characters and their families when I collect enough photographs to represent them. 


2 comments: