Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Working for the Weekend! On homework, that is...

But that's no excuse for hiding a glorious photo from y'all! I must confess that a mere two weeks of school has left my brain feeling like a mashed cat and with the promise to myself that, by God, I will finish this novel and start shopping it around! But first I need to slay the dreaded dragon that continuously tells me I suck. To anybody who has written something creative for a class, you have to know the feeling. The words are constipated and tainted with the worry, "What is everybody going to think of me? That I'm a piss-poor writer in the leagues of William McGonagall and Julia Moore?" And of course, when you go back and read the story, it will read like you wrote it for a workshop. Emotional depth and continuity is sacrificed to form a pretty little sentence a la Cormac McCarthy. But alas! There must come a day when I will get over this bushwa (and maybe bind and gag my evil inner critic as well) and write a novel worth reading.

But anyway, here's a cheerful picture. I have no idea what these people are doing with that gigantic cross, much less where this picture was snapped, but it is quite fascinating anyway. Whatever religious sect has these kinds of gatherings, I don't know (but if any of you readers do know, I'd appreciate a little knowledge). Without further ado:

No comments:

Post a Comment